I’ve always believed goal-setting to be an excellent way to stay on top of things, as well as to explore oneself and one’s interests and habitual tendencies. Usually I do birthday resolutions, which I feel that I follow a lot more than New Year’s resolutions. I think I’m doing an August Goals list not to override my Birthday Resolutions, but to delve deeper into what I want to achieve this coming year seeing as I’ve been a little stressed out about life lately.
Short-term goals (within the month):
- Finish my online courses with a bang!
- Sell my old textbooks for a little extra cash
- Fix my posture by doing yoga, stretches, sitting properly, etc.
Long-term goals (ongoing, throughout the year):
- Continue using this blog as an outlet of creativity, opinion, and reflection
- Do well in my courses at school (aiming for a minimum 75% average)
- Eradicate ableist and other forms of oppressive language from my vocabulary
- Eat healthier, and more often (in conjunction with eating at all of my bookmarked restaurants on Zomato)
- Do things that make me feel safe and happy!
A pretty sound list, I say. Onwards!